Further information regarding:
- Recorded session introducing the Biodiversity Observation Data Standard and Observations survey can be viewed here.
- Additional information regarding the Biodiversity Observation Data Standard
- The spreadsheet containing all fields within the Biodiversity Observation Data Standard
- Presentation introducing the Biodiversity Observation Data Standard and Observations survey is attached
- Recorded trainings:
Download the Observations.zip file (version 1.4, updated 6/8/2021 @ 3:43 PM) which contains everything from installing Survey123 Connect to creating the Observations survey for use by your program, data collection, and using the resulting data, including Bulk Create, Bulk Replace, Add Visits of SFs/EOs in Biotics. For details on updates to the Observations.zip file, see this forum topic, which requires logging into the Help Desk. You can follow the forum topic to receive emails whenever it is updated.
Attached is an empty zipped Observations_v14 geodatabase, should you wish to import data from other sources into the geodatabase for use with the Observations toolbox, in order to Bulk Create, Bulk Replace, Add Visits of SFs/EOs in Biotics. This can be done using Esri's Simple Data Loader.
NOTE: Testing has revealed that the tools run quicker in ArcGIS Pro, so if performance is an issue and you have Pro...
For questions or problems regarding this, please submit a ticket via the Help Desk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Should you wish to try out the Observations survey prior to committing, you can take a photo of the following QR code from your desired device (smartphone, tablet, laptop) or use this link. Both will prompt you to install the Survey123 app and then open the Observations survey automatically.
For instructions to share with anyone who will be collecting data via Survey123, see the Collect Data via Survey123 solution which includes a document limited to Installation of Survey123, downloading a survey, and collecting data.
If when running the Bulk Load Prep Toolbox, you receive the following error: "TypeError: A float is required." :
- Right-click on the toolbox and choose Edit.
- Search for arcpy.Buffer_analysis(sf_in,sf_out,1) and change it to arcpy.Buffer_analysis(sf_in,sf_out,float(1))