A recent change to Chrome has resulted in the Map to continuously be redirected, so that it never opens. This is linked to a user's account on a given machine. So they will not experience the same problem on a different machine, nor will others experience the problem on the user's machine. This can be resolved following the instructions below.
- Export bookmarks before doing this, as described here https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96816?hl=en:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Select Bookmarks Bookmark Manager.
- At the top, click More Export Bookmarks.
<username>with the name of your user folder in the following and navigate to the location in File Explorer by entering the following editing and then entering the following address:
It may be necessary to making hidden folders visible so that the AppData folder will show
- Delete that entire User Data folder
- Open chrome again
- Sign in to google and sync to bring back bookmarks and stuff.